Sunday, September 23, 2012

The time my date ate my dinner.

Ready for another winner? And this date really has won me some bad date contests.

Michael and I were set up on a blind date. When he picked me up, he asked what I wanted to do. I, being easy going and just happy to be on a date, said it didn't matter to me. (Since he asked me that question, part of me did wonder if he had actually planned anything or if he was just flying by the seat of his pants.)

Michael: Well, we could go to a movie, go get dinner, go to a BYU hockey game, or something else.
Me: It doesn't mater......How about we...

Michael: (not giving me time to finish responding) I would prefer to go to the hockey game.
Me: Okay, That sounds fun! I've never been to a hockey game. (I should have asked,"Why did you give me choices, then?")

So we go to the game. It was fun. Until the 3rd period.

Michael: I'm kinda hungry. Let's leave.
Me. Um, ok. (I'm thinking, "The game is almost over, buddy! Can you wait 15 more minutes???)
We get to the car.

Michael: Where do you want to eat? What kind of food do you like? Do you have a favorite?
Me: My favorite is Italian, but I can find something anywhere!

Michael: Well, we could go to (some Peruvian place), LaCasita, (or some other restaurant)
Super small pause while I thought for a second. No time for me to respond.

Michael: Let's go to LaCasita.
Me: Sounds good.

We get to the restaurant about 30 minutes before they were to close. It was getting late (I think it was about 9:30), and I wasn't up for a huge meal. I ate as much of my dinner as I could. He very quickly ate all of his 3-entree meal, and then finished mine. Yes, that's right. He took the opportunity to eat my leftovers. I mean, the guy reached over, grabbed my plate, and proceeded to clean my plate. What if I had wanted to take my enchilada home for lunch the next day?!?
As if this date wasn't already lasting too long, he then decided that we should go back to his apartment and see what his roommates were doing. Of course, no one is there when we get there. So he decides he wants to play X-Box. I get to watch. Finally after about 40 minutes of watching him play, he offers for me to play as well. Of course I jump at the chance, seeing as how I am just sitting on his couch, bored out of my mind. As he hands me the game paddle, he proceeds to insult my intelligence by saying, "Let's see. I'll find a game where you only have to use your thumb to play. That way it won't be too complicated."
Wow. Did I look that stupid? Apparently I came off as one who is not capable of using more than one finger at a time. After we played the game for a few more minutes, he looked at me, and I think he finally got the clue and asked if I was ready to go home.
I found out a few weeks after our date that he had gotten engaged a week or so after we went out. He and his fiancee were "taking a break" for a month or so when he took me out. Awesome, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment